By Nelson Wong on Jul 24, 2012 | Filed under Signup
Imagine pristine alpine lakes fed by streams of snowmelt from granite spires towering above or a mountain range sandwiched between lush green meadows and clouds expanding out into blue skys.
Imagine stunning vistas looking out to thick blankets of pine trees interrupted by granite domes shaped by tens of thousands of years of glacial movements.
Ok, so you don’t really need to imagine that because I included those pictures in this post. But do imagine yourself in the middle of all that and then throw in your friends and lots of yummy food and fellowship around the campfire.
Well, you don’t need to imagine that either … if you join us on our Yosemite camping trip this weekend, that is. We’ll be heading to Yosemite on Friday night and camping there for 2 nights (don’t worry, there are hot showers) before returning in time for Sunday Worship Service. So what are you waiting for?
- When: Friday night ~6pm to Sunday early afternoon (there will be an early car for those doing the ECM visit
- Where: Yosemite National Park
- Cost: ~$35
What to bring
- Clothes (including clothes/shoes for hiking in hot weather, chilly nights, and SWS clothes)
- Personal toiletries
- Towel (there will be hot showers)
- Water bottle
- Bible, journal, pen
- Extra cash for Friday dinner and Sunday lunch
- Sleeping bag